Tuesday, April 20, 2010

You Have To Love Simple Practicality

Today I got my Thai car and motorcylce licences.  I stood in the usual number of lines, filled out the usual number of forms, got told that I do/or don't need this photocopy or that document multiple times, then sent upstairs for an eye test.  When I got close enough I found it was a colour blindness test, and suprisingly, they do not use the same ones that I had learned off the internet to fake it for my licence in Australia.  I am severely red green clour blind.  So, how would I survive without a license, how many times could I get a new international driving permit and not get caught out etc.. Sat down to do the test and failed on the second of about a dozen pages.  Big cross on the form, "sit over there".  Maybe you get publicly lynched for failing???  After about 15 minutes sitting "over there" I was joined by two other failures.  The girl the comes over and asks me to stand in the middle of the room and flips a curtain off another chart.  It has about thirty dots on it each about three centimetres around and randomly coloured red, green and amber.  If you can tell her which colour the dots she points to are, you pass the test.  You have to love simple practicality.

No comments:

Post a Comment