Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New House Target

With the house that I was trying to buy off the list, I have gone back to one I looked at earlier.  I have made an offer but it is a bit uncertain because the house is part of a "Phuket Divorce" where a foriegner and his Thai wife are parting ways.  These events are very common despite how much publicity there is for the problems of these foreigner-Thai relationships.
Everything is in the Thai wife's name and she is clearly trying to find every way to make the best of the situation (for her that is).  It has quickly become clear that there is a lot happening with this woman than the husband knew about and I won't be suprised if there is more to come.  I have found out that the other house he bought for her is now the security for loans that he knew nothing about.  I wouldn't be suprised to discover that this one also does not necessarily belong completely to her either.  The only way to find out is to do a full search on the title and that will start now.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmmmm makes buying down here look very simple LOL. My mother always warned me about women LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure she wanted you to stay that far away in some ways, or get that close in others (yes, I remember those photos with those ear rings!).

    ReplyDelete